Updated: Oct 25, 2021
Located at 405 School Street, the home was built in 1885 by John McLean Circuit Clerk of Montgomery County. Rice Miller purchased the home from McLean. Rice was President of Hillsboro Coal Company and the home stayed in the Miller family until the early 1970's. No date in listed with the garden party photo. The home photo shown at the top was found in the corner stone of Edison School. Edison was built a couple years after McLean built his home.
This 1912 map shows the location of the Miller home on School Street. The home is next door to the Challacombe house. Today the Hillsboro Methodist Church sits on the West side of the Miller home. The Hough family currently occupies this historic home.
In November 2018 the home was listed for sale. Here are a few photos from the real estate listing.