In 1904, the city increased its water supply by erecting a dam on Seward Street and forming a lake that covered all of Central Park. The lake proved so attractive for boating that there was talk of organizing a boat club. Owners of the lake craft at that time were Edward Taulbee, Charlie McDavid, Joe Jones, Harry Blockburger, Doss Williams, Farkin Starr. Sam Little, Clint Bliss, Chester Dreyhus, Walter Clotfelter, and Otto Bremer.
(Written in 1940. Clint Bliss owned the Montgomery News and Sam Little owned the Hillsboro Journal. The horse & buggy shown in this photo are traveling West on East Wood Street.)