Colorized Edison School

Updated: Oct 28, 2021


Edison School - Hillsboro Illinois
Edison School - Hillsboro Illinois

Colorized version of 1888 photo: Edison School also known as South School. That narrow dirt path shown in the photo is now Route 16. Edison School was built in 1887. Four classrooms were added to the back of the building in 1921 and the school was torn down in the early 1970's. Today the Hillsboro Veterans Memorial and Hardee's occupy the former Edison School property. Prior to Edison this property was home to the Hillsboro Academy.

82 views0 comments

Related Posts

See All
jeffd.jpg

Jeff Dunn

Vice President

Historical Society of

Montgomery County

Advisory Board

Illinois State

Historical Society