"Blunderstone" was the unusual name given this residence by its builder, Palmer, in 1860. In 1870 it was sold to Mr. Elizur Southworth, a prominent Litchfield attorney. The next owner was Frank Cummings, who soon sold it to Dr. R. F. Bennett. It is now the site of a Mobil gas station located on the corner of Union Avenue and Jackson Street.
Description taken from: Litchfield Centennial Book 1853-1953
Image taken from: 1874 Montgomery County Atlas